Re: Timing the 1275 ?

To: "Bryan Vandiver" <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>, <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Timing the 1275 ?
From: "David Riker" <davidr@sunset.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 20:04:00 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
This is kinda tough to explain, but I'll try.  I have a 40DCOE Weber, and I
used a very small drill bit to make a hole just to the aircleaner side of
the throttle plate.  I then used liquid solder to glue a vacuum nipple into
the hole.  It is positioned so that there is 0 vacuum at idle, and more as
the throttle is opened.  I a vacuum line up to this and watched on a vacuum
gauge to make sure it was correct.  Seems to work great.  Maximum vacuum at
cruising with no load, vacuum drops under heavy accelleration.

____
   \
__\__

       drill hole and attatch vacuum line here.

Hope this drawing makes it through e-mail

David Riker
74 Midget
63 Falcon