Re: My engine won't turn

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>, Bob Askew <robert_askew@bc.sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: My engine won't turn
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 15:41:24 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bob,
        I have too much experience with this. I've been able to, in all but 1
instance, free the engines without the 12lb sledge. (though I DID use a 10
pounder on the "1 instance" successfully) The junk yard guys used a mixture
of WD40 (or PB), Autotransmission oil, and...... battery acid. I've never
used the battery acid.. DON'T USE BATTERY ACID! But, rust-eater of your
choice, and AT oil works wonders! Oh, and a bit of patience is required as
well. Drain the oil soon, and several times after running. Forcing with the
hammer can damage piston ring lands if you're UNlucky (sadly, the 1 instance)
        Take your time.   Peter C
-----