Re: Some further Midget musings

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Some further Midget musings
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 10:24:20 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Charles

To clean the gaige lens, you have to take it out of the dash, twist the
chrome bezel to line up the tabs, remove the lens, clean it, then
replace it.
I use a small dab of black silicone caulk or gasket goop, wipe a thin
layer on the bezel to seal it. This does help with the moisture.
Do not use 90 wt oil in the gearbox. Straight (single wt) 50 works well.
The original specs called for 30wt but the book was written before 50 wt
was popular.
A long flexi neck funnel is needed to fill the tranny. The fill plug is
tricky to get to but not impossible, it is real easy from under the car
if you jack up the right side, I know it's on the left but trust me, I
have done it enough times.
It's just easier to reach from the right.
When it is full, it will come out of the filler plug. No dip stick.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ