Re: Drilled rotors

To: "Hanna, Mark" <mhanna@ball.com>, <miq@teleport.com>, <Ajhsys@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Drilled rotors
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 11:42:32 +1000
Cc: <gottstein@erols.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Actually, the grooves don't help cooling but they do allow
"outgassing" of the pads. The really good pads don't
have significant outgassing if they are bedded in properly.

In the worst case, outgassing prevents 100% contact b/n
the pad and the rotor, the slots provide an escape path
for the gas.

As I said, this isn't a big issue for the best pads.

BTW, I should have mentioned that when you choose
high performance pads for street use, make sure they work
well at low temperatures. A lot of the race pads don't really
until they get really hot.

Black Flash and Carbon Kevlar both work well cold and
of course street pads like Metal Kings do as well.

Mike