Re: You'alls thoughts on Audi's new TT?

To: Jay Quinn <jpquinn@home.com>
Subject: Re: You'alls thoughts on Audi's new TT?
From: Bill Elliott <wcelliot@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 1999 11:27:46 -0400
Cc: british-cars@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net, healeys@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I'm a Quattro fan as well as an LBC fan.

Aside from some terrific sports sedans (not something I'm very
interested in), this is the first true enthusiast car they've sold here
since the ralley-model Turbo Quattro Coupe (now known as the ur-quattro)
was pulled in 1985. (I have one of the 73 '85's sold in
the US and love it dearly.)

I'm glad Audi is trying to play in this field again, but the FWD model
is little more than a (somewhat questionable) restyle of the new Bug.
We'll have to see how the Quattro version works in real life, but
frankly I'd rather have a Golf Synchro or A3 quattro (not sold here)
preferably with a VR6 or larger turbo engine.

In other words, I'd rather have a purpose-built car (like the ur-Q)
rather than a styling exercise with some technical innovations.  Guess
I'll keep my '85 a while longer.

Bill Elliott
Lake Mills, WI