Re: Bugeye Fuel Tank/Stainless Steel Grill

To: Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bugeye Fuel Tank/Stainless Steel Grill
From: RMiller930@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 17:11:44 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I just installed the stainless steel grille in my Bugeye.  At first I had
problems getting it to fit, but later figured out a couple of the pins were
improperly positioned.  The top center pin was welded on a bit too high, and
the one directly under it was too far to one side.  The solution was to break
off the one under the top one, and to enlongate the top "slot" in the bonnet.
 After that, it fit almost perfectly.  Would have considered returning it,
but didn't have time for that and still make the KCAB meet last weekend.  The
stainless really looks good in there, although chrome will always be brighter
and shinier, but the stainless won't pit or rust like chrome.  Overall, after
tweaking the fit, am very pleased with it.

Rod Miller
'59 Bugeye...just like off the showroom floor...only probably better...