Re: driving light and generator

To: <BCAH@aol.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: driving light and generator
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 08:12:28 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
FYI.
In most states it is illegal to have driving lights on at the same time
as the high beams. I know this is true in the states I have lived in
anyway.

Larry

>I am in the same position also.  I purchased a couple of driving lights from
>Moss and plan to put 'em on my Bugeye with its 22 amp generator. Right now I
>plan to wire them so it is low beam and then either high beam OR added on
>driving lights. This should not be a problem as I believe the amp rating is
>similiar. Tomorrow I plan on checking the amp draw of these Moss lights with
>a meter to be sure and will get back to the list with what I find out. The
>rating of a generator is what it will put out continually without
>overheating.  This gen will no doubt put out more than rated capacity as
>well
>as charge the battery , but will now last long. If I want all the lights to
>fire up, I guess it will be alternator time.  Bob

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?