Re: driving light and generator

To: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>, <BCAH@aol.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: driving light and generator
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 08:07:20 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Larry,
        My experience is that no more than 4 lamps can be lit. So a 4-headlight
system + fog/driving lamps can't all be on, but a 2 lamp system + either
fog or driving is OK.
Bob,
        total watts of lamps/ volts(12) = amps      2 std headlites (45 x 2 =
90) +
2 driving/fog (usu. 55 x 2 = 110)  = 200/12 = 16.7 amps    you're fine
unless you use heater wipers and that 200 watt stereo ;-)    I never had a
problem. Be sure to use adequately sized wire and a relay.
        Peter C