Wiring question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Wiring question
From: Dan Dwelley <maine2me@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 10:44:26 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Ok folks,

I've been racking my brains and bugging the hell out of my
friends. This is
LBC related...in a way...
A GM wiring harness has a couple of connectors for the ignition
switch; a
clear connector and a black connector. The black connector has
two wires; a
power wire and an accessory wire. The clear connector has 4
wires; a power
wire,ign. run, ignition start, ign coil. The harness has another
wire that
goes from the fuse box to coil positive. Here is the question. On
the
standard MG ignition switch, there are 5 wires Brown (Power),
Slate (anti
run-on), white/green (accessory), White (run), white/red (start).
Based upon
this, every wire is used except the ignition switch coil wire
from the clear
connector. Where would this wire connect? Would it pair with the
White and
White/red, just the white...? Does anyone have a GM vehicle that
could check
where this wire goes or have knowledge of the GM wiring for the
ignition
switch. I know someone must
have some
ideas for me.

Sorry this message is so long and I want to thank everyone in
advance for
any help they may give me.

Dan Dwelley
77 Midget