Re: Petrol tank swaps

To: Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: Petrol tank swaps
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 13:33:40 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Daniel1312@aol.com wrote:

> How is everyone on the list, have I missed much?

Daniel, I was wondering where you went?
I'm relatively OK as are all my LBCs now.
Finding an axle for an A40 Farina was a bit tricky in the USA but many
thanks to Paul Asgeirsson for finding me one and getting it to me
overnight.

> To my question:  The petrol tank on my car is near the end of its life and if
> possible I intend to replace it with the later 7 gal tank (this is a 6 gal).
> Aside from using the later sender is it a straight swap?

Straight swap, I run a 1500 Midget 7 gal tank in my Bugeye. Bolt it up
and go.
You may have to modify the return fuel fitting on the later tank if your
Sprite never had this. Or drill a hole in the boot for the fitting to
fit in.
The sender will work with your present gauge.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

60 Bugeye Sprite (my car)
67 Sprite (wife's car)
59 Austin A40 Farina w/AC (daughters car)
71 MG Midget racer (working on it)

http://www.exit109.com/~spritenut/