Re: IL Collector Tags

To: William.Elliott@mail.mei.com
Subject: Re: IL Collector Tags
From: Gary and Kate Bales <kgb@clipper.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 05:26:18 -0700
Cc: JustBrits@aol.com, soavero@yahoo.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Oregon has a somewhat similar program.  I paid $42.00 for the original plates
shortly after I moved down here from Huskie Country.  When I found a set of
plates
that were correct for the year of the car, there was a $2.00 transfer fee.
They are
officially restricted as far as mileage per year, but nobody ever checks.  As
if it
would do them much good - the odometer has been stuck on 80,000 since 1976.
When I
got caught driving it from work one afternoon, I just told the cop that I drove
it
into town to get the brakes adjusted.  To and from the shop is one of the
accepted
uses.  This was when I was using it as my daily driver.
Kate