Re: IL Collector Tags

To: JustBrits@aol.com
Subject: Re: IL Collector Tags
From: William Elliott <wcelliot@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 20:57:22 -0500
Cc: soavero@yahoo.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
<<You really don't, Bill.  Ya just don't "cheat" here.>>

Pardon me, but that's my point. The WI program (unlike any other I've
been in) doesn't require me to "cheat".

I enjoy driving my old cars as much as possible.  I don't see anything
"wrong" with driving one to work as long as the rules allow it.  If they
didn't, I wouldn't do it (much). ;-) And I do drive my "regular" car the
majority of the time (since it's a 60 mile commute each way).  If I
couldn't drive my collector cars around town (to the grocery store, post
office, etc) they wouldn't get driven.  And it's at those places that
they get the most attention.

I wouldn't mind "regular" tags so much it was not such a great expense
and trouble.  I can only drive one car at a time... and at last count I
had about 18 cars. Never mind the annual registration fee.  Add up the
cost of always keeping insurance on a car to maintain "normal" tags and
it gets real expensive real quick.

So I'n now thinking about the extreme southern WI area vice the northern
Chicago suburbs.

And, of course, we have a football team, too.  Now if we could only
tempt a major league baseball team into the state. ;-)

Bill Elliott
Lake Mills, WI