Re: wire wheels

To: "Jon Paschke" <birdman@lightspeed.net>
Subject: Re: wire wheels
From: Richard Shipman <mbelect@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 12:28:29 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Jon,

I was thinking of doing the same thing until I made some measurements...

The MGB wheels have longer hubs than the spridget wheels.

The length of the spridget hub from the end of the threads to the end of the
taper is approx. 3.15 inches...

The same measurement made on an MGB hub yields approx. 3.50 inches.

You can slide an MGB wheel on a spridget hub, but the hub does not protrude
out of the wheel and if you're lucky you can maybe catch one thread of the
hub when you try to attach the lug.

After doing this little experiment, I abandoned the idea...

Richard
'74 Midget
'68 MGBGT
'58 Morris Minor 1000