Re: wire wheels

To: birdman@lightspeed.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: wire wheels
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 09:56:55 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 9/15/99 6:25:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
birdman@lightspeed.net writes:

<< Thanks for the replies, Now,
 Has anyone put any kind of 14 of 15 " rims on their spridgets? What size
 tire would you have to run to keep from rubbing when the steering is turned?
 There is a way to do this I just would like to know if it is feasible. What
 do you think?? >>

I think with 15" rims you would be looking at using electrical tape rather
than tires.  I can't imagine finding tires in that diameter and required
aspect ratio that would be narrow enough to fit.  You may have to seriously
flare the fenders.

Don't forget that Spridgets have old technology suspensions.  If you add too
much stick with low profile tires, you risk getting a lot of body roll.
Upgrade the suspension or add a good roll over bar.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport