RE: Floyd

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Floyd
From: Phil Vanner <philv@pclink.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 15:43:32 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Trees can be bad things to tie yourself to. During "Gloria" in September 1985,
 I was in Rhode Island and several of us went down the shore, right about when
things were starting to get interesting. We drove over to a friends boat to see
how he was doing with securing it. Just as I got out of the car, a large oak
tree fell on it, and crushed it down to the tops of the doors. It whacked me
unconcious; severe concussion, minor skull fracture, 28 stiches on the top of
my head where the tree hit, and six on my forehead where it smacked me into the
pavement. Didn't need any makeup that Halloween.  I remember getting out of the
car, and then nothing until the paramedics put the oxygen mask on some twenty
minutes later. I'm told I was awake and talking for a few minutes before they
got there. I've also been told that this incident explains a lot, but I'm not
sure what that means. :-P

Interestingly the car was a buddy's brand-new Impala. Still had the temporary
paper tags on it. The tree flattened the entire greenhouse. Nobody inside got
hurt, but his insurance company wanted to repair it, instead of totaling it. He
would have none of that.

Phil Vanner
grateful not to be balding because I would be scary looking.