Early Morris Minor Advice

To: spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Early Morris Minor Advice
From: Bill Elliott <wcelliot@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 18:43:12 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I've just stumbled across a Morris Minor convertible for sale in
reasonable shape.  Owner claims it's a 1951.  It does look to be an MM
(divided windscreen, early grill, etc.), but has been transplanted with
a single-carb a-series OHV engine... looks to be a 948 high compression
motor (?).

The car seems to be a solid amateur restoration.  New top, seatcovers,
etc. Fresh backyard paint.  Bit of plastic at the lower edges of the
wings, but floor and trunk look solid.  It runs and drives well.

Any idea of the rarity of an MM 'vert in the US? (I know they're only
moderately rare in general, but this is only the 2nd I've seen.)
Price range?  (It may go cheap... according to the seller's wife!)

Thanks for any advice!

Bill Elliott
Lake Mills, WI