Re: 1500 SU Carb Conversion

To: Dan Dwelley <maine2me@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: 1500 SU Carb Conversion
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 21:43:10 -0400
Cc: Christian Stanton <cstanton@pixley.com>, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Dan Dwelley wrote:

> For the 1500 spit engine, the HS4s are the ones to
> use. The HS2s are good for low end but HS4s are for
> the upper end. the stock UK setup is the HS4s for the
> 1500 HS2s for the 1275.

  I think we are talking spitfires here though.

  The Spitfire 1300 had dual SU HS-2s in North America
in the early 70s.

  These manifolds are possible to find around, and
they work well enough with a 1500, but they aren't
the ideal nor original manifold and carb set.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca