Great day

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Great day
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 22:30:20 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: grnapple31@yahoo.com
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Today was a memorable one.  Started out with some
light work on Frank and mine's Sprites at the house
(everything was working on mine, Frank fixed a bad
tach ground on his).  Frank took out my "warm" 1275
along the rural roads near me and had some 6000 RPM
(at least, that's where the tach ends...) fun.  We
then tailgated up some beautiful Wisconsin roads to a
small cafe in Orfordsville (pop. 1200).  More side by
side fun along country roads to Peter C.'s (sure is
strange having a RHD Sprite next to you close enough
to hi-five).  We got to Peter's around 1:30, where it
was time to turn the kids loose in the candy store.
NOS parts that hadn't seen the light of day for 30
years were unleashed (yes, George, Frank has gifts).
Along the way, my tach took a dump, even-ing out
Frank's fixed one.  Hours of parts sifting, and man,
you haven't lived til you've seen Clarici pick a up a
stray wiring harness, trace it thru the wiring harness
library in his brain, and identify it as an MGB
harness.  Dave Woerpel stopped in around 5, and dug in
hard as well.  A blast.  On to beer and cheeseburgers,
followed by a drive home (tops down in the 48 degree
night.  Well, sort of down. Well, maybe up with heat
on, and 5 layers of clothing.  At least I didn't use
my side curtains.  All right, so I left them home by
accident...).  Along the way, my flasher unit took a
dump.  So now we're down one for the day.   All in
all, a great day, great roads, great cars, and the
best people.  First time we met Dave, and you will not
find a nicer guy, with tons of great, quirky car
knowledge.

This, dear friends, is what these cars are all about.
Gotta get up in 5 hrs for Elkhart.  Catch you later.

Ron
Frank
Simba the LBC Part Eating Lab