Re: Side curtains

To: Wiedemeyer <boxweed@thebest.net>
Subject: Re: Side curtains
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 1999 12:07:41 -0400
Cc: Brad Fornal <toyman@htcomp.net>, spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Wiedemeyer wrote:

> Does anyone know what the trick is to replacing the sliding plexiglas
> windows in the side curtains?  I tried removing the old ones in every way I
> could think of to keep from breaking them, like bending them in the middle
> while pushing outward, pulling from the edges, removing the felt first,
> etc., and I ended up breaking every single one of them.  I thought I would
> try to get some input from y'all before I destroy the new ones!

Bob

Use Lexan. It bends quite a bit before breaking.
Of course if you can find a set of "Baker" side curtains, the frames
come apart. Baker made repro side curtains in the 60s. I bought out all
his left over stock in 93. Rick Moses bought all the side curtains from
me. about 12 pair. Although not original, they were a major improvement
over Weathershields.
I have a set and one of these days will put tempered glass inplace of
the plexi.

--
 Frank
"Drive it Like You Stole it"