Re: Side curtains

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Side curtains
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 18:53:28 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bob,

You should be able to slide the windows to the center of the frame then by
slightly bending them in the middle remove them from or install them in the
frame.  If the windows you were taking out were very badly glazed, cracked,
or they had been replaced with the wrong material they can/will break.  You
can make your own replacements for about $15.  There are two materials
suitable for replacements.  One is Acrylic, sold under the trade names of
Plexiglass, Lucite and one that I do not remember at the moment.  The other
material is Polycarbonate sold under the trade name of Lexan.  You can get
the materials from industrial plastics suppliers. For use in sliding side
curtains the two materials are about equal.  All of the suppliers we have
found will cut Acrylic to size and only charge you for that much material.
This is not always the case with Polycarbonate.  Some places have a minimum,
half a sheet 4' X 4' or full sheets 4' X 8'.  In either case it is a lot more
material than you need and more expensive.  The biggest difference in the two
materials is that Polycarbonate will stop a frozen chicken at 400 mph, i.e.
it is bullet proof for all pratical purposes.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk III (in boxes)
Judson Supercharger (in boxes)