A-arm bushings

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: A-arm bushings
From: Glen <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 23:51:36 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I'm wondering if anyone else on the list has redone their fulcrum pin
bushings.  I ordered a replacement bushing set and new fulcrum pin, but
on examining the new set, the fulcrum pin was as loose in the new bushing
as the old one I was trying to replace.  The smaller capped bushing was
OK, but the larger one (that takes grease fitting) looks as if the hole
was overbored before threading.  This allows noticeable slop even when
threaded all the way onto the fulcrum pin.
My question is, how much slop is acceptable?  Does anyone know a source
of bushings made to an acceptable tolerance?

Also, You will soon have a new brake and clutch system completely
rebuilt.  Do you choose silicone or original fluid and why?

                Thanks to all who reply,
                Glen Byrns
                '59 bugeye with wiggly fulcrum pin and dry brake lines