Re: A-arm bushings

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, grbyrns@ucdavis.edu
Subject: Re: A-arm bushings
From: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 11:32:20 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Glen,

Are you talking about the 'cork' seals on the lower threaded fulcrum pin on the
a-arm assemblies, or are you talking about the steel treaded part that is
'brazed' into the a-arm?? if it's the latter, did you braze them in yourself?
If
you did replace these yourself, how did you align them?

When I rebuilt the front suspension on my bugeye, I ended up replacing both my
A-arms, installed new fulcrum pins and king pin assemblies. The new fulcrum
pins
fit very tight in the new a-arms. My old A-arms were very worn, and the new
fulcrum pins fit pretty loose in those.

Regards - Bryan Vandiver (59-bugeye)