rear tire rubbing

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: rear tire rubbing
From: AHSprite78@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 21:12:40 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
well i've got a problem.  I've got a '67 Sprite with the square wheel arches,
wire wheels (off a '73 midget), winner's circle panhard rod, moss's 1"
lowered springs, winner's circle carrera tube shock conversion, and 175/13
tires.  The problem is that when cornering, the rear tires rub the outside of
the fenders.  The passenger side is much worse.  It's worn a slight groove in
the tire, the driver side is just a little shiny.  The thing is, it didn't
seem to rub when I didn't have the panhard.  (maybe i'm just a little more
aggressive now that the panhard and springs are different)  I was wondering
what everone thought I should do.  Is there an easy, cheap (hey, we tight
here too! i'm in highschool, come on!) or any type of adjustment i can do?
Thanks a million.  Oh yea seems to me that most prefer the 155 or 153/13
tires, i know i know, they came on the car and were knew, so don't blame too
much on me.

THANKS
Matt Smith
'67 Sprite