Re: 1500 Tranny

To: Christopher Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Subject: Re: 1500 Tranny
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 20:10:35 -0400
Cc: Daniel1312@aol.com, Lancer7676@aol.com, brent.wolf@gte.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Christopher Kotting wrote:

> Bill -
>
> Search on the web for "Frontline Spridgets" and you'll find the Web Page of
> the place that makes the kit.  There's not much detail on the web page, but
> there's contact information and pricing.
>
> Chris

I searched the web and this is what I found, the Frontline URL is
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/frontline/gearbox.htm
Seems like they include lots of stuff with the conversion kit.  Here
is a summary of what they include:

              The kit includes
              Fully reconditioned gearbox, modified
              bell housing, new engine back plate,
              back plate gasket, spigot bush, clutch
              plate, clutch plate cover, clutch release
              bearing, modified clutch arm, modified
              clutch slave cylinder, shorted drive
              shaft, chassis cross member,
              recalibrated speedometer with cable,
              clutch pipes, nuts and bolts and fitting
              instructions.

I think the key thing to notice is they include a fully reconditioned
gearbox. The price for the kit is 876.62 GBP, which is equal to
1,446.74 USD.  This prices excludes the VAT, but I am not sure what
shipping would cost.  I think they sell the kit without the gearbox,
but I am not sure what gearbox is required, or what the cost would
be if you supply the box.  Seems a bit pricey, but I have not
looked into gearbox conversions and their cost.  See their web
site for full details or call them.

--
William Gilroy
77 Midget

TrackTime Driving School where the only requirement is
"You must be 18 years of age or older with a valid driver's license
and able to drive a strandard stick shift and fit through the car window"