RE: Maniflow LCB from APT

To: dwramsey@worldnet.att.net, spridgets@autox.team.net, cartman@dnai.com
Subject: RE: Maniflow LCB from APT
From: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 10:47:18 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I wonder which maniflow header you guys got?? Apparently there are several
models. The one I got from Mini-mania was for a street 1275, and fits perfectly
into the front pipe of my RC-40 exhaust (1.75inches). Did you gus get the one
for the 'small-bore' engine?

Regards - Bryan Vandiver (59-bugeye)

>To: "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
>Subject: RE: Maniflow LCB from APT
>
>I too bought this setup from APT and had the same problem with the header
>being smaller than the pipe.  I fixed it by going to Kragen's and getting a
>1 5/8 to 1/7/8 pipe adapter and another clamp, and that cured the problem.
>I've had it like that for almost a month now and no problems.  I've noticed
>the exhaust is much quieter, and I LOVE the sound.  I'll have to look into
>the coating.  Bryan and a couple of others on the list have recommended I
>have it done.  Its good to know that Jet-Hot will coat a used header.  I'll
>pull the header before I take the little guy into the paint shop.
>
>Greg

Maniflow
>LCB from APT in my yellow bug-i.  I had APT send the headers to JET-HOT for
>their sterling ceramic coating.  Total cost with shipping was around $350.
>       On the minus side there was a small dent in one of the tubes and it
wasn't
>APT's or Jet-Hot's fault, so once again it must have been my fault!  Also I
>ordered the Maniflow single box exhaust system from APT ES031 that is
>matched to the header.  Well it would be except that the od of the header is
>1 5/8" and the pipe id is 1 7/8".  After talking to Lisa at APT they are
>going to refund my money and shipping cost on the system.  They are working
>on a fix, when David get backs from England.
>        On the plus side, the headers fit great!!!  There was no need for port
>matching or spacers  to match the intake manifold, as the header was fine as
>sent. (good thing as any grinding would have meant sending them back to
>Jet-Hot for recoating, which they will do at no cost for 3 years no
>questions asked).  The area where the pipes go through the floor on my car
>has been cut out to the footwell so there was no problems installing the
>header, just needed to pull back the steering column and they bolted right
>up.
>       The main reason for the Jet-Hot coating is if they coat a new set of
>headers then they guarantee them against rusting out for life.  They will
>fix or replace them free.  Also they will fix and recoat them free for 3
>years even if you sent used ones to be coated.  Their new sterling silver
>coating looks like a slightly hazy chrome finish that they also guarantee
>for life not to discolor at all.
>       They also claim that the coating will reduce the engine compartment
>temp
by