Re: A couple of Problems.

To: <Lancer7676@aol.com>, <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: A couple of Problems.
From: "Brent, Tatiana & Monito Wolf" <brent.wolf@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 18:05:51 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I have to agree and disagree with your mechanic.  The fools are using the
impact wrench improperly. They have the maximum impact set to high and then
when operating, they continue to apply and re-apply and re-apply just to
make sure.  If the torque is set and used correctly the impact wrench will
not damage your bolts.

We used to set the torque as low as we could, use the impact wrench as a
speed tool and then always recheck the old fashion way, by hand.  To many,
mechanics, and I use that term loosely don't know the power they hold in
their hands.

Because you do not know the condition of the wheel lugs, I would replace
them.

Just my $0.02, but then again, mine is "In Still More Pieces".  (One of
these days the destruction will stop and the construction will start.)

Brent