Re: Chassis I.D. number

To: Jim Algar <JamesA@hi-torque.com>, "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "MidgetSpriteClub" <midgetspriteclub@listbot.com>
Subject: Re: Chassis I.D. number
From: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 20:18:45 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Yep, mine's the same way. I remember doing some resaerch on this when I
first got the car and was wondering the same thing. Came up with the same
answer. I don't know when they started using the 'G', but I think most if
not all Sprite were made at Abingdon.

Mine is 772xx. Yours must be a very early '69 since AN9's end at 85286.

Gerard

At 9:06 PM -0400 10/15/99, Steve Byers wrote:
>The G means the car was assembled at the Abingdon plant, and the fact that I
>know that means I am a truly obsessive personality
>.
>Steve Byers
>Havelock, NC USA
>'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
>"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
>than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain

If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos... then you
probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
   A A