Re: A new world? [Long, but important.]

To: Lancer7676@aol.com, type79@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: A new world? [Long, but important.]
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 11:48:42 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 10/17/99 5:44:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Lancer7676@aol.com writes:

<< I agree with Jay on this.  I don't think there is a need to "compare" how
 much any lister gives, or if they even give at all.  No need to put down
 those who might not be able to afford even 10 bucks or so just because they
 are students or whatever and just cant afford it.  I don't mind giving to
the
 cause--I would like to know a ballpark fighre--that would be helpful to us
 all.  Then we could donate below, at, or above that amount as we wish. >>

I do believe that the original poster making this suggestion meant to post a
total that was received from each list, not each person.  That may be
impossible, unless everyone who donates indicates which list it is from, and
many of us subscribe to more than one team.net list.  (In other words, just
let us know how much you got and what you will do with it!)

Now...I will be mailing my check to Mark today.  I have been on this list for
more than a year and I have met many new friends here.  The amount of
knowledge that is shared has helped me immeasurably in getting my Midget on
the road.  Just think of what Mark could do if only 10% of the 14,000
subscribers each sent $10!  Plus, the fun we have here puts sunshine into
every work day!

The Web offers new opportunities to people who are as dedicated and talented
as Mark.  Setting him up in a business with his own equipment could be the
best thing that could happen to our hobby.  Perhaps all the business owners
who are so great to contribute help on the list could also donate an
additional amount to Mark, and then advertise their wares on a more
commercial web site.

Think about how smoothly the lists work.  Even an occasional glitch gets
fixed quickly, and I can't remember more than a day when the list was down
completely.  Mark, keep up the great work.  I don't know where we would be
without you.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget