Re: For those in England: NonLBC way of life question.VeryImportant

To: mgrazian@ltcm.com, mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: For those in England: NonLBC way of life question.VeryImportant
From: RBHouston@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 08:59:03 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 10/18/1999 9:31:21 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
mgrazian@ltcm.com writes:

> After my initial reaction (which was to start making plans to fly to
>  London),  I realized that no good could come of it.  Being arrested in a a
>  foreign land is not what I had in mind for this week.  My next thought was
>  for her to report him to the police and file a complaint.  Maybe not file
>  charges, but at least have it on record in case he tries something else.
>  Letting him know a report was filed might be a future deterent.  Wini, my
>  GF, doesn't think that will do any good.  She is of the opinion that things
>  of this nature are taken lightly by the police constables.
>
>  What is your the general opinion on this matter.  What steps can we take
>  short of my killing the son-of-a-bitch?  I promised her I would do nothing
>  until i spoke with her,  but doing nothing is eating me up inside.
>
>  Mike

Mike,

Explain to Wini that that is waht the police are for.  Also, it sets the
precedent for him as an agressor.

If they do nothing, I would have a conversation with the gentleman on the
phone.  Call him at work if possible as he is less likely to be able to
record the conversation there.  Make it short and sweet, but make it very
plain that you will both not tolerate such behavior.  DO NO T WRITE HIM!  If
he falls in front of a train or something, you don't want a threatening
letter showing up later.

If he persists, Wini should move to another neighborhood, and tell the
apartment owners why.

Finally, if he is just a totally dumb jerk, perhaps David or some of our
British friends know some folks from the wrong side of the pub that would
"talk to him" for a pint or two.

Try all the appropriate ways first.............

R. Houston