Re: Apathy and a challenge

To: <Thecarguru@aol.com>, <Tomsjetta@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Apathy and a challenge
From: "David Riker" <davidr@sunset.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 13:49:27 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Even as I approach mid-life crisis age, I find that the list, shows, and
meets are still the best way to meet a few people that I really can become
close friends with.  Once that is done, I usually trade time, labor, and
used parts on a one-on-one basis.  I don't expect to get along with the
whole world, nor will everyone find me to be compatible with them.  One of
the guys I hang with is 15 years younger than I am, and he is dead center in
the "we tight" place in life.  He gets my hand me down parts, I get my hands
dirty, and then we go screaming down the road on our own "spur of the
moment" driving tours.

Along a similar line:  don't let the RB's get you down.  A little tuning
thrown at them and the 1500 engine can be made to really scream, the body
structure is far stiffer, and you might actually survive an accident in the
car. You also get a really good transmission without having to convert to a
non-british box.

David Riker
74 Midget
78 Midget