re: Apathy and a challenge

To: Tomsjetta@aol.com
Subject: re: Apathy and a challenge
From: conan@ralvm8.vnet.ibm.com
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 99 16:43:12 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
  IF your club starts to get you down too much you could join the
Knoxville AH club by long-distance just for the newsletter.  Somehow
let it slip into your club conversation (but -don't make it obvious
your're 'slipping' it into conversation).  Someone is bound to ask. :-)
Reply would be a smile and chuckle comment that, "They don't care that
I drive a rubber-bumpered Midget with a Triumph engine!"  -Maybe- some
will actually think about it later and take the hint. :-) :-) :-)
  I live in North Carolina but am a member of a Datsun 510 club in
northern California!  There is no 510 club around here and I havn't had
one running in eight years or so.  I've never been to CA and never met
any of these folks.  I just like 510s and these people.  Much like the
way I like the Spridget folks on this list.  :-)
  There is a good list for 510 folks.  It's as busy as this one and I
can't keep up with two busy lists from work. ;-)  Decided I liked this
one better for the more laid back attitude. :-)
  Have also met more people in person and/or via email from the Spridgets
list.  Can usually meet at least a couple at local British car shows.
Nothing like that for 510s around here.
  There is an MG club locally.  The only reasons I havn't joined are that
poor 'Emma G.' hasn't run in ten years and I'm quite happy with the folks
I've met on this list!  If/when she ever gets back on the road I'll also
join the MG club, but keep on this list too. ;-)
     Ed in NC
 Is this the longest post I've ever made here? :-) :-) :-)