Re: tune up questions..longish

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tune up questions..longish
From: "Andy Webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 15:17:00 GMT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

>Subject: Re: tune up questions..longish
>Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 05:42:07 -0800 (PST)
Ron said:
>You want an equal volume of air
>going into each carb.>

When I said "volume" I was referring to loudness, not amount.
Neither carb sounded higher or lower in pitch but one did sound louder than
the other as its idle screw was turned clockwise to let more air in.
My balancing consisted of getting the two carbs to hiss at the same
loudness, figuring this would be the point at which they are drawing equal
amounts of air.
Andy

PS:.018" valve clearances? Is that a fairly lumpy camshaft?