Our new Bugeye

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Our new Bugeye
From: Rich Hill <richard.hill@sri.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 09:08:14 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Our new Bugeye should be arriving from Washington in the next day or two and
I'm sure we'll have a bunch of new questions for the group.  It's a January
1960 Sprite in very nice condition with original engine, smoothcase, and 4
wheel drum brakes.  It'll have a nice home next to our '79 Midget (giving us
a first and last of the line garage!).

As of now, we only have a couple of questions:

1) There are no seatbelts.  The driver's side has a couple of eye-bolts so I
was considering the 3-point belts from Moss that are designed to mount with
eye-bolts.  We'll have to install the eyebolts on the passenger side as well
as mounts in the tops of the wheel arches.  Any opinions?

2) We have a really rough hard top.  The gel-coat (or whatever it is on
these) has been sanded down and the glass window removed, but nothing more
than that has been done (I do have the glass).  Any opinions on how to
proceed and where to get the rubber seals?  I think we may be able to get by
with a new gel coat but I have almost zero experience with fiberglass.  Is
there anywhere in the south SF Bay area that would be good to contact?

Thanks, more questions almost certain to follow.

Rich Hill
'79 MG Midget
'60 AH Sprite (real soon now!)