Re: Our new Bugeye

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Our new Bugeye
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 03:11:43 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Congratulations on your new car Rich.

For seat belts we put eye bolts in the floor of our car.  Then went to a
small local airfield were we found a business that sold used aircraft seat
belts for such planes a Piper Cubs.  These belts have snap ends to connect to
the eye bolts.  They have three inch wide webbing and a latch like those used
on competition belts.   They are not very pretty and you may have to cut some
of the webbing off.  Ours were olive drab but we used them that way for
years.  We re-webbed them in black a few years ago.  No shoulder harness
though.

The window seal for the hardtop is available from J.C. Whitney.   A suitable
rubber seal/windlace is also available from Whitney unless you want an
original car.  In that case contact Bill Bolton at tricarb@aol.com.  Bill was
getting (or has already) some rubber seals and windlace made that is
identical to the original.  Will try and remember to ask the body man what he
used to repair our hardtop.

Good Luck

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk III (in boxes) (Trevor ?)(almost out of the trailer)
Judson Supercharger (in boxes)