Switching Body Shells

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Switching Body Shells
From: "D. Michael Scott" <dms@snip.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 11:30:52 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Just thinking about the possibility of obtaining a better body shell,
but hoping to keep my '62 side curtain Sprite model  fairly original.
I'm not sure how the later model years differ or coincide with the
Sprite MK 2 AN6 model. Seems that there are a lot of later model shells
available, but what modifications and later model year adaptations will
be necessary?  If you obtain a body shell before '69 or '70, would it be
about the same as the '62 square body?  I guess it doesn't matter
whether it is a Sprite or Midget body, though the Midget had additional
trim?

Any comments appreciated.  In a car body dilemma, as I have so much
welding to do on the '62 body.  Thanks, D. Michael