Re: Switching Body Shells

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@htcomp.net>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Switching Body Shells
From: type79@ix.netcom.com
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 14:38:44 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Brad and D. Michael,

Not only that but:
-the rear deck is different to provide for the convertible top.
-the rear suspension pick up points differ since the later cars are
semi-elliptical.

I could be wrong but I would think there should be some pretty decent MkII's
around if you wait long enough and look hard enough. When I acquired my MkII
in 1989, I was able to find a totally rust and rot free car. That wasn't that
long ago.

Get all your mechanicals up-to-snuff while you're looking for the shell and by
the time you find it, you're individual components will be all set for the
swap.

Remember, if you need it today, you won't find it, but as soon as you stop
looking, it will appear. "And that's the truth."

Jay Fishbein, CT
AN-5
HAN-6
Innocenti-S