Re: SWAG 5 speed

To: Bkitterer@aol.com
Subject: Re: SWAG 5 speed
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 09:15:43 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

Bkitterer@aol.com wrote:

> Sounds like a good idea but I think what you would get is something like
> 10-16 hours of some guys cussing and fondling some little transmission, real
> boring. :-)  As I recall you shoot something like 4-10 minutes of scripted
> video for each minute of finished video.  Or 15 minutes of finished video is
> about 8-10 hours of script work, 8 hours of shooting and another 4-8 hours of
> editing if you have professional equipemnt to work with.

This is the problem with video tape.  It is way to cheap.  When I was a kid
some people had 8mm cameras and it was rather expensive.  So they would shoot
a couple of mins. of film each year.  Over the course of 10 years you would
get 15-30 minutes of film.  Now that was neat to watch.  You got to see people
change and grow, the cars and house would change, all with out being bored.
Home movies were not bad then.  Now with video cameras people will shoot 2
hours of 1 birthday party and expect that someone will want to watch the video.
Enough of my thoughts, but I have seen 1 hour films of the old neighborhood and
neighbors that covered about 20 years.  Cool.

Bill Gilroy
77 Midget
90 Shar-Pei