Re: DMV Non-Op

To: billh@aaai.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: DMV Non-Op
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 20:11:49 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bill,

If the car is currently registrured you do not have to go anywhere.  On the
lower half of the renewal form there is a box to check for non-op and you
send them a $10 fee.  Until about the last year you had to do the same thing
every year but they have change to a one time non-op fee, at least for now.
You will get a new registration form from DMV to be used only when you put
the car back on the road.  We paid the non-op fee for over ten years on the
bugeye.  When we put it back on the road we just went to AAA and paid the
current registration.  The Mk III was non op when we bought it but the fee
had not been paid for two years.  We just signed a non-use statement and got
the registration fees for those years waved but had to pay the teo years
non-op fee.  Then we waited until the registration was due again so we could
get the one time non-use fee with out any other fees.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk III (Trevor) in progress