Re: DMV Non-Op

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: DMV Non-Op
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 00:52:49 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 11/16/99 3:37:37 AM, millerls@ado13.com writes:

<< It goes back to at least 1969. That's when I brought my Bugeye in from
Hawaii and was charged the fee. It was not $300 then, don't remember what it
was at that time.

CA has charged a fee for bring cars into the state for years.  I can remember
my Dad dealing with that as we moved back and forth from coast to coast. The
$300 fee is recent and was some sort of fee on the bases that the car might
be a 49 state vehicle and not meet CA emission.  Will not swear to that
however.

Bob and Annice