Re: Warming Plate Gasket

Subject: Re: Warming Plate Gasket
From: type79@ix.netcom.com
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 14:29:45 -0500
Cc: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Ok,
Since no one responded to my question: "What is a warming plate?", except for
several private responses thanking me for asking, I am forced to utter the
immortal words of John Cleese from the sketch "The Cheese Shop" in which the
Cheese Shop customer responds to the Cheese Shop clerk, when asked "Would you
like me to tell you?", "No, I 'm keen to guess."

Is the "warming plate", the square blanking plate on the top of the stock
Bugeye cast iron exhaust manifold?

If it is, could someone tell me what it is supposed to "warm"?

Jay Fishbein, CT
AN-5 w/o "Warming Plate"
HAN-6 w/o "Warming Plate"
Innocenti-S w/o "Warming Plate"
(Almost sounds like I know what I'm talking about, doesn't it?)