Re: Warming Plate Gasket

To: type79@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Warming Plate Gasket
From: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 23:45:25 -0800
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Well, maybe that's a misnomer.  The plate covers a hole where I've been told
the carberettor on a different LBC sat.  I guess the exhaust gasses warmed up
the carb for some reason.  The plate is just there to cover the square hole
because the S.U.'s did not require it.  They just had a lot of these exhaust
manifolds and adapted them to the Bugeye to save money.  You know how they
used alot of off the shelf parts in the design of this car.
Mike-60 Sprite