Re: Garage Heaters

To: Mark Endicott <endicott@nashville.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Garage Heaters
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 21:25:42 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
So far so good on my propane Reddy Heater, similar
sized space and a couple of nights in the 20's (most
warmer though), and a fairly well insulated garage.  I
only got a 30,000 BTU model (for $59 pre-season sale),
but it seems to be adequate.  Basically, the 2 or 3
nights I've used it I turned it on, went inside for
10-15 minutes, came back to a garage heated up from,
say, 40 degrees to 60-ish, and shut it off to work.
There is definitely an odor when it first ignites,
after that it settles down quite a bit.  I'm not sure
how it'll be if winter ever comes this year - I
consider it an interim until I find a good used Modine
next year.

--- Mark Endicott <endicott@nashville.com> wrote:
> I have just moved into my new garage (with house)
> and I now have a great
> place to work.  The garage is 28X32 with 10 foot
> ceilings.  This is a lot of
> space to try to heat with my little electric foot
> warmer that I had at the
> old house.  It is fully insulated so once warm is
> might stay that way for
> the evening.   I have seen some propane convection
> heaters that put out
> about 80,000 BTU.  Any thoughts about how they work
> and how safe they are to
> operate.  Gasoline fumes are rare but you know how a
> Midget spits up a
> little fuel every now and then. I am in Nashville
> and our Winters generally
> are not too bad, but we could have a month or so in
> the low teens.  I think
> I could now get eight Spridgets in the garage.... :)
>
> Mark
> 70 Midget (Lonesome)
> Nashville, TN
>
> http://www.NashvilleTN.org/NBCC
> http://members.home.net/mendicott/Midget.htm

=====
Ron Soave
"A Fool and His Money Can Throw One Hell of a Party"
1960 Bugeye
1972 BGT