Garage Heaters

To: "'Mark Endicott'" <endicott@nashville.com>
Subject: Garage Heaters
From: "Terry Williams" <t.williams@mrg.ca>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 11:06:15 -0500
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello Mark, and everyone..

To heat my garage, I installed a 220 electric warehouse heating unit. It
hangs from the ceiling, which is convenient for space, and no flame, which
is why propane/natural gas heaters et al, make me nervous. The unit has a
built in fan and thermostat. The temp here on the east coast of Canada can
get into the minus Celcius ranges (o F and below on occasion). We were
living in northern Ontario when I first purchased the unit to heat the
two-car garage (24x24), and in the winters there, it dips to that magic
point where both scales F & C meet at -40! The heater did an excellent job
of making the garage interior feel like Miami.

When we moved to the coast, and I had the garage-o-my-dreams built (26 x
32), and installed the unit in the corner. Through the winter months, I
like to keep the garage at about 10 C (50 F) when I'm not working, and will
kick it up a few degrees when I am.

The unit is made by 'Commander", it's model CUMO320-1.

With a well-insultated garage, the electric heater hasn't impacted heavily
of electricity cosumption either.

FWIW...

Toasty on the coast...y..

Terry