RE: E-bay

To: <b-evans@ix.netcom.com>, <type79@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: RE: E-bay
From: "Robert Weeks" <lists@woozy.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 06:46:15 -0500
Cc: "Stefan Roundy" <stefanr@bealenet.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Jay, Stefan and Bob,

You really don't get it do you? If I were at a live auction I'd know who was
bidding on items because I could see their faces and their bids and I'd make
my decisions as to if I were going to bid accordingly. NO ONE is saying
DON'T BID AGAINST ME, they are just saying, this is what my name is on ebay.
Period.  Bidders at Sotheby's and Christie's aren't faceless, they don't
stick you in an isolation booth so you don't know who you are bidding
against, so how can you dare say this is unethical in all auctions?

How you can see this as bid manipulation is beyond me.

Whatever,

Robert Weeks

(Who lives in a "Utopia" where people treat each other well and is damned
glad)