re: Tire help

To: Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: re: Tire help
From: conan@ralvm8.vnet.ibm.com
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 99 15:56:26 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
  Get the 185/60s.  Even that is really a bit wide for stock wheels.
205s would be terrible.  Might also not fit under the square arches
regardless of wheel.  205/60s would also affect your gear ratio in
a negative manner as they are a larger diameter.  185/60s are about
same diameter as stock tires.
  I do NOT know for sure that even the 185/60s will fit under your
square arches. (I have round.)
  No comment about prices.  It's been years since I autocrossed
regularly.  Seems a mite high to me though.  Consider their age too.
They get harder after a while.  Also watch out for bad flat spots;
rough ride and that section will be that much closer to cording.
      Ed in NC