Re: New Midget

To: Mike Curtis-Rouse <serville_dash@lineone.net>
Subject: Re: New Midget
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 16:04:28 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Mike Curtis-Rouse wrote:

> I want to convert it to right hand drive and put the UK Midget engine into
> it. However I would like to know prior to starting any important things I
> should check (I realise that is a pretty vague question) and how do I
> convert left hand drive to right ?
>
> Any pointers or advice etc will most gratefully received.

Mike

I converted a US spec 73 Midget to RHD with no problems.
You will need an older (65-67) steering column, RHD dash, and RHD
steering rack.
Am I assuming the rusty Midet was UK spec? If so, all the parts will
bolt right on.
The US cars had a collapsable steering column starting in 68, these will
not swap over. If you have a RHD Midget already, it's just unbolt and
bolt up.

Good luck

--
Frank Clarici