Re: New Midget

To: "Gerard Chateauvieux" <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, "Mike Curtis-Rouse" <serville_dash@lineone.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Midget
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 15:09:10 +1100
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I have gone through this exercise too (US LHD cars -> RHD cars for
Australia),
although now we can actually register LHD cars for normal use if they are >
25 yo

You can use the old, non-collapsible steering column on the RH
side of a later model LHD chassis.

You can in fact make up a collapsible column that doesn't need
the changed sheetmetal if you wish. I have a HAN9 that I've done one way
(i.e. had a new mount made up for the standard collapsible and had the
column mount changed too), and one the other way. Much simply the 2nd way!!

Mike