Re: Yet another ignition problem

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Yet another ignition problem
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 14:50:43 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Not true. I believe that the original post stated that the car died
when the jumper cables were removed from the spridget battery. This
could indicate that the spridget was running through the charging
system of the other car. As near as I can tell, this does not give us
enough info to state what is going on. Note, to my knowledge, a
spridget will not run without the battery being connected. My
experience is only with generator spridgets, not alternator, if that
makes a difference.

At 2:31 PM -0500 12/22/99, Lancer7676@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 12/19/99 3:33:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>toyman@htcomp.net writes:
>
><<  if your car dies when the battery is disconnected
> that means that it is running off the battery entirely. >>
>

>Good point!!
>
>--David C.

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center