Re: RE: got another 69! (no LBC)

To: lists@woozy.com, Lancer7676@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RE: got another 69! (no LBC)
From: HealeyRic2@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 17:17:31 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 12/23/99 8:21:53 AM, lists@woozy.com writes:

<< I took a few photos last night and
threw them up >>

Sorry Robert, but while everybody else's dad was a Ford Guy or a Chevy Guy,
mine was a Rambler Guy.  I still get nauseous just thinking about them.  He
owned a '58 wagon like the one on the Rambler Club site, but in the
eye-catching colors of coral and black, That got traded in 64 for an American
440 coupe that I took my driver's test on.  Six cylinder, auto trans with the
shifter on the column, but with a floor console that I had to remove so the
driving tester could get to the brake if I veered wildly during the license
test.  That car was nothing but trouble and I finally convinced my dad in '67
that we needed a Pontiac Tempest, which of course could be had with 400 cubic
inches for another $300 and came with those neat little GTO emblems on the
side.  Dad didn't want to pay the extra money on gas for the V8 (high test
was all of $.34 a gallon then).  At least I talked him into the Sprint option
which put a 4-barrrel on the OHC six for about 215 hp.  Good luck with your
Rambler, but the best thing I can say about them is they taught me the kind
of car I knew I didn't want to own when I grew up.

Rick