Longman Heads

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Longman Heads
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 22:29:14 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
I have been looking at the Mini Mania page since it has been to cold to go
outside for the last few days.  I have found a couple of  Longman heads for
a late 1275 that are similar except for the size of the exhaust valves.
Both the GT6 and the GT7 spec. 1.4" intake valves but the GT6 has 1.15"
exhaust and the GT7 1.21".  Both are ported and have hardened seats.  Would
there be an advantage to bigger or smaller exhaust valves on an otherwise
stock 1275, and how about with a Judson.

Thinking that I am ready for a valve job and new seats anyway, and these
heads are not all that much more money than having all of the machine work
done to my head.

Mark
70 Midget
Nashville, TN